SediVue Dx Urine Sediment Analyzer
The new standard for in-house urine sediment analysis
- Delivers consistent, accurate results in approximately 3 minutes* from only 165 μL (4–5 drops) of fresh uncentrifuged urine.
- Examines the equivalent of 45 high-power fields, then identifies and classifies elements within the sediment.
- Produces high-resolution, high-contrast digital images that can be shared in real time.
- Leverages cutting-edge Neural Network technology to better identify abnormalities with each result generated.
Urine Sediment Resource Center
Learn how to add in-house urinalysis to your protocols, use the SediVue Dx analyzer, and understand results.
Powered by 3 cutting-edge technologies to deliver reliable results
Neural Network 4.0
- Leverages the collective learnings of 175 million patient images from IDEXX SmartService Solutions to guide confident medical decisions.
- Uses advanced Neural Network 4.0 algorithmic software and machine-learning capabilities that enable the analyzer to better identify abnormalities with each result generated.
Inverted microscope with built-in camera
- Examines the equivalent of 45 high-power fields from beneath the sample to maximize visibility of clinically relevant particles.
- Captures 70 high-resolution images per run.
- Autofocuses on each shot for crisp images.
- Adjusts exposure with each image to ensure optimal contrast.
Purpose-built onboard gravitational centrifuge
- Spins at a significantly lower force than most in-house centrifuges to preserve delicate casts that external centrifuges break apart and to ensure sample integrity.
- In 30 seconds, gently deposits formed elements into a monolayer at the bottom of the cartridge.
1. Pipette 165 µL (4–5 drops) urine.
2. Dispense the sample.
3. Press the Start button. Walk away.
- Red blood cells (RBCs)
- White blood cells (WBCs)
- Nonsquamous (e.g., transitional cells, renal tubular cells)
- Nonhyaline (e.g., cellular casts, granular casts)
- Calcium oxalate dihydrate
- Ammonium biurate
- Unclassified (all other crystals)
High-resolution digital images
Images provide diagnostic proof in real-time
The following cases show how veterinarians used results to determine next steps quickly and confidently.
|Red blood cells, white blood
cells, and bacilli
|The veterinarian confirmed a urinary tract infection was present during the visit. A urine sample was submitted for quantitative urine culture and antimicrobial sensitivities.|
|Ammonium biurate crystals||Liver disease was suspected, and the veterinarian followed up with a bile acids test. Abdominal radiographs revealed a small liver, and an ultrasound with color-flow Doppler confirmed the presence of a portosystemic shunt.|
|Numerous nonhyaline casts||Renal tubular injury was indicated, and the veterinarian recommended the IDEXX SDMA Test and a repeat urinalysis in 2 weeks.|
|Numerous nonsquamous epithelial cells||The veterinarian followed up with a stained, cytological slide preparation, further classifying the cells as transitional cell carcinoma.|
Dimensions & weight
Width: 12.6 in (320 mm)
Depth: 12.6 in (320 mm)
Height: 13.2 in (336 mm)
Weight: 32 lb (15 kg)
View complete integrated results in VetConnect PLUS
VetConnect PLUS includes images and integrated results to be your go-to diagnostic resource for fast, effective clinical decision-making.
SediVue Dx support
Need more help? Get product answers and information or talk to Customer Support today.
Take complimentary courses on SediVue Dx analyzer operation and urinalysis. Get video tutorials on daily protocols and procedures.
*For typical samples