IDEXX Reference Laboratories
IDEXX 4Dx Plus Test
The most trusted results in vector-borne disease screening.
- The standard for detecting heartworm and tick-borne disease.
- Available in-house as the SNAP 4Dx Plus Test or from IDEXX Reference Laboratories as the Lab 4Dx Plus Test.
- Peer-reviewed studies support that the 4Dx Plus Test is the most accurate screening test available.1–3
Screen for six vector-borne diseases
This ELISA detects heartworm antigen, Ehrlichia canis, Ehrlichia ewingii, Anaplasma phagocytophilum, Anaplasma platys, and Lyme antibodies (Borrelia burgdorferi infection) in a single blood specimen.
Available in-clinic or from IDEXX Reference Laboratories
SNAP 4Dx Plus Test
Lab 4Dx Plus Test
Available from IDEXX Reference Laboratories:
As a stand-alone test
7244—Lab 4Dx Plus Test
ELISAs for heartworm antigen, Ehrlichia canis, Ehrlichia ewingii, Anaplasma phagocytophilum, Anaplasma platys, and Lyme C6 antibodies
As part of a more complete parasite screen
31804—Fecal Dx Antigen Panel with Lab 4Dx Plus Test—Canine
Lab 4Dx Plus Test, hookworm, roundworm, and whipworm antigens by ELISA
Superior performance for a higher level of confidence in results
Peer-reviewed studies1–3 show:
- Consistently and accurately detects evidence of infection.
- Delivers significantly superior sensitivity and specificity.
- Produces positive results that can be trusted to be true positives.
The purpose of a vector-borne disease screening test is to detect evidence of infection. Veterinarians can trust that the 4Dx Plus Test accurately reflects disease status, for confident clinical decisions.
Screen for 9 diseases and infections carried by ticks, mosquitoes, and worms using IDEXX-exclusive tests
Learn about comprehensive parasite screening with IDEXX Preventive Care
View and trend all your results
Get a more complete parasite screen
Every time you run a vector-borne disease screen, include Fecal Dx antigen testing for the detection of hookworm, roundworm, and whipworm infections.
Get deeper insights with Lyme Quant C6
The Lyme Quant C6 Test measures the level of C6 antibodies in your patient’s blood. Quickly identify Lyme infection in canine patients and monitor your treatment choices using valuable, measurable information. Order now.
Forms and other resources
Access IDEXX Reference Laboratories specimen guidelines, forms, articles, and more.
Directory of Tests and Services
Browse the online Directory of Tests and Services to see a comprehensive list of offerings from IDEXX Reference Laboratories.
Keeping your practice up-to-date and running smoothly is the IDEXXCare Plus promise. We’re at your service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to help you deliver the best veterinary care and customer experiences possible.
Learn more about a specific product or service.
A representative will help you every step of the way.
IDEXX Reference Laboratories
- Goldstein RE, Eberts MD, Beall MJ, Thatcher B, Chandrashekar R, Alleman AR. Performance comparison of SNAP 4Dx Plus and AccuPlex4 for the detection of antibodies to Borrelia burgdorferi and Anaplasma phagocytophilum. Intern J Appl Res Vet Med. 2014;12(2):141–147.
- Eberts MD. Performance of SNAP 4Dx Plus and AccuPlex4 in dogs with different heartworm burdens. Intern J Appl Res Vet Med. 2013;11(1):7–9.
- Liu J, Drexel J, Andrews B, Eberts M, Breitschwerdt E, Chandrashekar R. Comparative evaluation of 2 in-clinic assays for vector-borne disease testing in dogs. Top Companion Anim Med. 2018;33(4):114–118.