IDEXX Reference Laboratories
IDEXX 4Dx Plus Test
The accuracy and support you want. The efficiency you need.
The most accurate screening solution available for detecting vector-borne disease—now with clinical decision support for clarity when determining next steps.
- The standard for detecting heartworm and tick-borne disease
- Available in-house or from IDEXX Reference Laboratories
- Supported by peer-reviewed studies as the most accurate screening test available1–3
Detect heartworm antigen (Dirofilaria immitis) and Ehrlichia canis, Ehrlichia ewingii, Anaplasma phagocytophilum, Anaplasma platys, and Lyme antibodies (Borrelia burgdorferi infection) in a single blood sample.4,5
Confident diagnosis and management of heartworm and tick-borne disease in a single test
Clinical decision support
Clinical decision support provides confidence and clarity for determining next steps
You receive a positive test result. Now what?
With expert tools and support included in VetConnect PLUS, you have the information you need to make fast, effective clinical decisions, determine next steps, and communicate recommendations to the client.
- Try out the clinical decision support in VetConnect PLUS with your next IDEXX 4Dx PLUS Test result.
- No account yet? Call 1-888-433-9987.
Choose how and where you run screening tests
Available in-clinic or from IDEXX Reference Laboratories
Lab 4Dx Plus Test
Available from IDEXX Reference Laboratories:
As a stand-alone test
7244—Lab 4Dx Plus Test
Immunoassay for heartworm antigen, Ehrlichia canis, Ehrlichia ewingii, Anaplasma phagocytophilum, Anaplasma platys, and Lyme C6 antibodies
As part of a more complete parasite screen
31804—Fecal Dx Antigen Panel with Lab 4Dx Plus Test—Canine
Lab 4Dx Plus Test, hookworm, roundworm, and whipworm antigens by immunoassay
7230—Heartworm Antigen by Immunoassay Positive Confirmatory
Peer-reviewed studies1–3 support that the IDEXX 4Dx Plus Test is the most accurate screening test available, with even better accuracy coming soon
Consistently and accurately detects evidence of infection
Delivers significantly superior sensitivity and specificity
Produces positive results that can be trusted to be true positives
Exposure to tick-borne diseases increases the risk of developing chronic kidney disease. Accurate screening tests help detect evidence of infection and accurately reflects the disease status of the patient for confident clinical decisions.
Continuing the conversation with clients on heartworm and tick-borne disease screening
Share these communication resources with your clients to help reinforce the importance of
regular screening to protect their pets and families
Free client brochures
Educate clients on the importance of their pet's routine wellness visit and how regular screening helps to protect their dogs and families.
Client communications with VetConnect PLUS
Celebrate negative results with client-friendly summaries sent directly to pet owners.
Social media for ongoing education
Ready-to-go posts to share on your practice's social media channels as well as educational resources to deepen your social media expertise.
Forms and other resources
Access IDEXX Reference Laboratories specimen guidelines, forms, articles, and more.
Directory of Tests and Services
Browse the online Directory of Tests and Services to see a comprehensive list of offerings from IDEXX Reference Laboratories.
Keeping your practice up-to-date and running smoothly is the IDEXXCare Plus promise. We’re at your service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to help you deliver the best veterinary care and customer experiences possible.
Screen for 9 diseases and infections carried by ticks, mosquitoes, and worms using IDEXX-exclusive tests
Learn about comprehensive parasite screening with IDEXX Preventive Care
Learn more about the IDEXX 4Dx Plus Test
A representative will help you every step of the way.
IDEXX Reference Laboratories
- Goldstein RE, Eberts MD, Beall MJ, Thatcher B, Chandrashekar R, Alleman AR. Performance comparison of SNAP 4Dx Plus and AccuPlex4 for the detection of antibodies to Borrelia burgdorferi and Anaplasma phagocytophilum. Intern J Appl Res Vet Med. 2014;12(2):141–147.
- Eberts MD. Performance of SNAP 4Dx Plus and AccuPlex4 in dogs with different heartworm burdens. Intern J Appl Res Vet Med. 2013;11(1):7–9.
- Liu J, Drexel J, Andrews B, Eberts M, Breitschwerdt E, Chandrashekar R. Comparative evaluation of 2 in-clinic assays for vector-borne disease testing in dogs. Top Companion Anim Med. 2018;33(4):114–118. doi:10.1053/j.tcam.2018.09.003
- Stillman BA, Monn M, Liu J, et al. Performance of a commercially available in-clinic ELISA for detection of antibodies against Anaplasma phagocytophilum, Anaplasma platys, Borrelia burgdorferi, Ehrlichia canis, and Ehrlichia ewingii and Dirofilaria immitis antigen in dogs. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2014;245(1):80–86. doi:10.2460/javma.245.1.80
- Chandrashekar R, Mainville CA, Beall MJ, et al. Performance of a commercially available in-clinic ELISA for the detection of antibodies against Anaplasma phagocytophilum, Ehrlichia canis, and Borrelia burgdorferi and Dirofilaria immitis antigen in dogs. Am J Vet Res. 2010;71(12):1443–1450. doi:10.2460/ajvr.71.12.1443