IDEXX Preventive Care
Clinical evidence shows that an IDEXX Preventive Care Profile is clinically relevant on all adult dogs*
Results of a retrospective study
Analysis of IDEXX Preventive Care Profiles run as part of a wellness visit, including:
- Chem 22 that includes IDEXX SDMA Test
- IDEXX CBC testing with reticulocyte parameters
- IDEXX 4Dx Plus Test
- Fecal Dx antigen testing
At least 1 in 4
IDEXX Preventive Care Profiles indicate the need for follow-up* in adult and senior dogs
Discover more with an IDEXX Preventive Care Profile
Gain deeper clinical insights and uncover more underlying disease with the most complete and advanced menu of tests, only available from IDEXX:
IDEXX chemistry with SDMA
What are pets' kidneys telling you about their health? Listen closer with the IDEXX SDMA Test. SDMA detects diseases of the kidney sooner,1–3 while reflecting other disease processes affecting the kidneys.4
IDEXX CBC testing with reticulocyte parameters
CBCs performed at IDEXX Reference Laboratories are the most comprehensive CBCs available. Only IDEXX automatically includes reticulocyte count and reticulocyte hemoglobin on every CBC report.
Fecal Dx antigen testing
Detect more intestinal parasite infections, earlier than fecal flotation. A single test finds hookworms, roundworms, and whipworms, even when eggs are not present.5
IDEXX 4Dx Plus Test
The IDEXX 4Dx Plus Test is a standard for accurate detection of heartworm and tick-borne disease. Peer-reviewed studies support that the IDEXX 4Dx Plus Test is the most accurate screening test available.6–8
- Nabity MB, Lees GE, Boggess M, et al. Symmetric dimethylarginine assay validation, stability, and evaluation as a marker for early detection of chronic kidney disease in dogs. J Vet Intern Med. 2015;29(4):1036–1044.
- Hall JA, Yerramilli M, Obare E, Yerramilli M, Jewell DE. Comparison of serum concentrations of symmetric dimethylarginine and creatinine as kidney function biomarkers in cats with chronic kidney disease. J Vet Intern Med. 2014;28(6):1676–1683.
- Hall JA, Yerramilli M, Obare E, Yerramilli M, Almes K, Jewell DE. Serum concentrations of symmetric dimethylarginine and creatinine in dogs with naturally occurring chronic kidney disease. J Vet Intern Med. 2016;30(3):794–802.
- Data on file at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Westbrook, Maine USA.
- Elsemore DA, Geng J, Flynn L, Cruthers L, Lucio-Forster A, Bowman DD. Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for coproantigen detection of Trichuris vulpis in dogs. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2014;26(3):404–411.
- Goldstein RE, Eberts MD, Beall MJ, Thatcher B, Chandrashekar R, Alleman AR. Performance comparison of SNAP 4Dx Plus and AccuPlex4 for the detection of antibodies to Borrelia burgdorferi and Anaplasma phagocytophilum. Int J Appl Res Vet Med. 2014;12(2):141–147.
- Eberts MD. Performance of SNAP 4Dx Plus and AccuPlex4 in dogs with different heartworm burdens. Int J Appl Res Vet Med. 2013;11(1):7–9.
- Liu J, Drexel J, Andrews B, Eberts M, Breitschwerdt E, Chandrashekar R. Comparative evaluation of two in-clinic assays for vector-borne disease testing in dogs. Top Comp Anim Med. 2018;33(4):114–118.