Comprehensive Test Menu
Comprehensive laboratory testing including innovative, exclusive diagnostics.
The best menu of industry-leading diagnostics
IDEXX Reference Laboratories offers specialized equine testing and offers expertise in detecting the serious diseases affecting horses today.
Along with providing a team of board-certified equine specialists and the latest advancements in equine diagnostic research, IDEXX offers innovative new tests and delivers accurate, comprehensive results up front, so you can make more informed and confident medical decisions.
The nationwide network of IDEXX Reference Laboratories offers the following equine testing options:
Equine Chemistry Testing with IDEXX SDMA Test
In addition to a complete range of routine tests, our innovative tests include:
- SDH (sorbitol dehydrogenase)—a highly specific liver enzyme that is a sensitive indicator of liver disease (hepatocellular leakage)
- Endocrine testing, such as endogenous ACTH, insulin and dexamethasone suppression tests
- Bile acids so you can evaluate liver function
Equine Hematology Testing
IDEXX offers a comprehensive equine CBC, which automatically includes fibrinogen estimates (by heat precipitation) and plasma protein, and manual slide review on all abnormals for a more complete picture. Manual slide review could reveal:
- Toxic change: an indicator of response to inflammation
- Left shift: release of immature neutrophils in response to inflammation
- Hemaparasites: e.g., Ehrlichia equi (Anaplasma phagocytophilum), Babesia and other parasites
- Atypical cells: e.g., leukemia fibrinogen is always automatically included in the equine CBC for indicating inflammation
Equine Serology and Microbiology Testing
- Coggins testing by AGID and ELISA procedures
- A complete line of infectious disease serologic testing, including leptospirosis, Lyme disease and other tick-borne disease
- IgG testing for foals to indicate adequacy of passive transfer
- Automated microbiology system to allow more rapid culture results with minimum inhibitory concentrations (MICs) to improve selection of antibiotics
GREER Aller-g-complete System from IDEXX Reference Laboratories
Simple, convenient testing for allergen-specific IgE and immunotherapy. Results available within 2–4 working days, and customized immunotherapy prescriptions can be delivered within one week.
Equine Diarrhea RealPCR™ Panel
With the IDEXX Equine Diarrhea RealPCR Panel, veterinarians can now submit one sample to test for either 6 or 10 gastrointestinal pathogens.
Equine Herpesvirus Types 1 and 4 (EHV-1 and EHV-4) RealPCR™ Tests
Use real-time PCR to deliver unprecedented speed and accuracy in detecting the presence of EHV-1 and EHV-4 DNA.
Equine Protozoal Myeloencephalitis (EPM) Tests
Industry-leading EPM tests, including the most thoroughly validated western blot test.
Equine Infectious Anemia
IDEXX Laboratories are certified to perform these tests for the detection of antibodies to equine infectious anemia virus.
Lyme and Anaplasma ELISA
This ELISA test detects, with one assay, horses infected with Borrelia burgdorferi and/or Anaplasma phagocytophilum.
McMasters Fecal Egg Count Test
Proven quantitative methodology gives equine practitioners an accurate count of worm eggs for evaluating anthelmintics and client deworming programs.
Neurologic Disease Panel
The Neurologic Disease Panel provides tests for a faster and more definitive diagnosis of three neurologic diseases.
Comprehensive Equine Respiratory RealPCR Panel
With one specimen, you can test for up to nine respiratory diseases using the Comprehensive Equine Respiratory RealPCR Panel.
R. equi RealPCR
This test detects R. equi strains that contain the virulence plasmid (VapA gene).
S. equi subsp. equi ELISA
Measure the SeM response elicited by natural infection or vaccination.
S. equi subsp. equi RealPCR
Quickly identify horses with current infections or that are asymptomatic carriers.
Uses real-time PCR to identify infection in symptomatic and asymptomatic horses in just 24 hours.
West Nile Virus ELISA
This ELISA test detects in horses IgM response elicited by recent infection with West Nile Virus (WNV).
IDEXX is an Educational Partner of the American Association of Equine Practitioners