SNAPshot Dx Analyzer
Manage many diseases quickly and efficiently in-house
- Snap, load and go for results in minutes. The analyzer quickly and efficiently:
- Reads the test at the appropriate time
- Interprets the results consistently and accurately
- Integrates the results into the patient record and invoice
- Run multiple patient samples at once
- Rely on proven SNAP ELISA technology and an advanced optical system
- Provide Real-Time Care™ to patients and clients
The SNAPshot Dx Analyzer connects to the IDEXX VetLab Station Laboratory Information Management System to provide:
- All your diagnostic information in one comprehensive patient report
- Access to IDEXX SmartService™ Solutions: remote troubleshooting for your IDEXX VetLab analyzers that saves time and helps keep your laboratory running smoothly.
Automation creates a smoother, easier work flow
- Multiple-patient testing saves time—The SNAPshot Dx® Analyzer can read two SNAP® devices at the same time, and you don’t have to wait for the results. Simply load the tests and walk away.
- Automation ensures consistency—The SNAPshot Dx Analyzer reads the test results for you at the appropriate time and automatically downloads them to the patient’s record. All test results are in one place for a clearer look at the patient’s health status.
- Answers during your patient’s visit—The SNAPshot Dx Analyzer not only gives you answers within minutes, but the integrated diagnostic report allows you to make treatment decisions and begin care before patients leave your clinic.
Taking trusted SNAP® ELISA technology one step further
IDEXX SNAP® devices are based on accurate, trusted ELISA technology. The SNAPshot Dx® Analyzer takes the advantages of ELISA technology one step further.
- Reads and interprets test results for you, for consistent, accurate results every time
- Automatic self-check for each SNAP test at the beginning of each run
- Uses a cutting-edge optical system for better LED illumination
- Captures images with a state-of-the-art digital camera
|Dimensions and Weight||Width: 8.1 inches (20.5 cm)
Depth: 11.4 inches (29 cm)
Height: 12.8 inches (32.5 cm)
Weight: 9.4 pounds (4.25 kg)
|Power Supply||External power supply adapter
Input: 100–240 V AC, 50–60 Hz, 1500 mA
Output: 24 V DC, 2500 mA
|Consumption||Operating: maximum 60 W, typical 44 W|
|System Description||Type: Digital Imaging System
Light source: LEDs
Wavelength: 640 nm
|Operating Conditions||Temperature: 19º–27ºC (66–81ºF)
Relative Humidity: 30%–85%
|Storage Conditions||Temperature: 17º–32ºC (63–90ºF)
Relative Humidity: 20%–85%
|SNAP Total T4 Test||hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism||Screen for hyperthyroidism and presumptive hypothyroidism and quickly monitor medications; use plasma for quicker results.|
|SNAP Cortisol Test||Cushing’s Syndrome, Addison’s Disease||Screen for diseases and monitor long-term medications for quick adjustments, as necessary.|
|SNAP Bile Acids Test||liver dysfunction||Quickly assess liver function Recommend further diagnostics based on results to help diagnose disease such as portosystemic shunts.|
|SNAP cPL™ Test||canine pancreatitis||Diagnose or rule out canine pancreatitis.|
|SNAP 4Dx Test||heartworm, ehrlichiosis, Lyme disease, anaplasmosis||Screen for canine heartworm and three tick-borne diseases at once.|
|SNAP Heartworm RT||Test heartworm||Screen for canine heartworm.|
|SNAP Feline Triple Test||feline leukemia virus, feline immunodeficiency virus, feline heartworm||Screen for three feline infectious diseases with just one blood sample.|
|SNAP FIV/FeLV Combo Test||feline leukemia virus, feline immunodeficiency virus||Screen for two diseases with just one blood sample.|
How To / Resources
Running the SNAPshot Dx Analyzer
- Enter patient information on the IDEXX VetLab Station.
- On the SNAPshot Dx Analyzer, follow the onscreen instructions to prepare the sample and the SNAP device.
- Load the SNAP device in the SNAPshot Dx Analyzer.
The SNAPshot Dx Analyzer does the rest—it automatically reads the results at the appropriate time and saves the results to the patient’s electronic medical record.