IDEXX Cornerstone Software
News and information
New clients are critical for the growth of your practice and accurate reporting is key for managing that growth. This month Michelle will help you dig into your new client numbers using specific Cornerstone reports.
- Your new client count shows on a variety of reports, including:
- Daily Summary Report
- Current Activity Reports
- Monthly Sales Summary
- Yearly Sales Summary
One of my favorite ways to look at new client trends is to use the Snapshot Report, which uses end of month closings* to graph key indicators in a visual format. To view this report, go to Reports > Snapshot. Then click Options to choose the graph group, graph type and period(s) Note: you can include multiple sequential reports by pressing and holding SHIFT after clicking the first period and then click the last period(s).
- To check if new client information is being properly entered, use the daily, monthly or yearly New Client reports (Reports > End of Period). If gaps exist, you can review your practice’s required data settings to have new client or updating existing client entry fields prompt for entry if the fields are blank. (Controls > Defaults > Practice and Workstation > Required Data)
- And where are your new clients coming from? If you use the Referred by tab/field, then entered information can be analyzed using the client Referral Report (Reports > Client). Not only does this report list who referred those new clients, it also gives you the new clients’ year to date gross sales!
Want even more new client reporting tips?
Use the Client and Patient Report builder (Reports > Client and Patient Report Builder) to create a report that will look at this year over last year sales for clients created within a selected date range. Note: this information is dependent on when you run end of year.
In this example, I’m looking for clients added in first half of last year to see their sales this year vs last year.
If your client referral numbers are very low compared to your new client numbers, you may want to consider setting the Referred By field as “required” as mentioned previously.
To best assist your team in capturing the information, you can:
- Create a specific client classification for ‘referral source only’ clients (Controls > Classifications > Client)
- Create a list of referral sources (ie: create clients using a specific client ID sequence with all last names beginning with Referral. Then assign them to the specific marketing client classification so these can be filtered out of reporting. Ex:
- Instruct your team to add the referral information quickly by searching for non-specific client referrals using ‘referral’ in a last name search
*if you are struggling with performing end of month on a consistent basis, check out the new Cornerstone 8.7 NEXT release that has unattended end of period running as a service!
For more reporting information, check out the reporting training journey.